For technical questions and support, there is a blind accessible forum available to you. Please visit DoItBlind Forum, How to use the forum
Attention: New Spotify Blind 5 to work with the new spotify
The whole design has been completely reworked and took a long time to get working again. A new audio demo and performance podcast has been posted. Please check them out as the performance MP3 is very much needed for proper system function. Unfortunately since the Spotify update, it will not work in the sources area except with playlists with JAWS 12 and below. It needs the OCR function to operate properly. You can still access your playlists and Everything else will work as expected.
Spotify Blind Translators Needed
If you'd like to get a free copy of Spotify Blind, Download the language pack.
What do JAWS scripts for Spotify Blind do?
Spotify Blind aims to make the popular online music subscription service available to the blind. You can search through millions on songs at your fingertips. You can create playlists, and download them to your computer to go mobile with your music. Find it all in one place. Please join the beta list below to contribute to the development of Spotify Blind accessibility.
Spotify accessibility is a mere dream to have it available to the blind community. Luckily I have ways of granting wishes much like the tooth fairy. Spotify for the blind and visually impaired has come a long way and will continue to get better. Without the spotify JAWS scripts, you can barely do anything. Lucky enough, they use colors that I can track. Music for the blind and visually impaired combined with this accessibility script gives you the freedom to listen to music for free, on demand. These scripts for JAWS work well and can at least enable you to create your own playlists for party time or workouts. So pumnp those biceps and rock out to the #1 music subscription service in the world.
For system performance reasons of the scripts, it is recommended that you listen to this podcast for better script operation of Spotify. Click here to hear the performance podcast.
To hear a short demonstration of the script in action Click Here
To hear a technical scripting standpoint of Spotify, Click here
Click here to find out more about what features Spotify Blind has to offer
Spotify Blind now charges a one time fee of $9.95. This includes all updates and even works with upgrading JAWS as the registration key is tied to the JAWS serial. Please help contribute to the project.
You will find a linkk to the Spotify program and a separate download for the Spotify Blind setup.
Don't forget to visit Sound Taxi Blind for a wonderful music download converter to upload any music to your favorite blind accessible MP3 device.
Spotify Blind is protected under: .
Click here for Version Releases and Bug Fixes
If you have not signed up for a free account, please Click Here
To Change languages once Spotify is active, use control + Alt + L.
Reminder: Spotify Blind now charges a one time fee of $9.95 to help keep the project going. Thanks for your contribution!
To purchase the software, install the scripts, open the program and follow the registration instructions.
download Spotify Blind 5.0.1
download Spotify Blind in Zip format
Click here for the Spotify Music program.
The script makes it easy to remember how to perform tasks without needing to memorize a long list of shortcuts. With the quick key menu, it performs the task for you and helps you to remember common keys. With Spotify Blind, you don't need to press strange keyboard combinations as the keys are set up to perform common tasks without moving your position much.
Click here to proceed to the download
- Quickly search through millions of songs in the Spotify Database.
- Choose what song you want to hear and hit enter.
Compatibility and Requirements
This script successfully tested with the following platforms and versions:
- JAWS for Windows 11 through 15
- Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 - 32 and 64 bit
Change Log, Updates, Upgrades, and Bug Fixes
Spotify Blind 5.0.1 update
Spotify Blind 5.0.0 release
- Added the ability to silence the error message for OCR. Playlists still work.
Spotify Blind 4.9.4 Update
- Updated the scripts to handle window 8 and other spotify updates.
Spotify blind 4.8.1 bug fix and additions
- Updated the scripts to handle the new build of Spotify.
- Now announces artist or album when speaking titles.
- Fixed tabbed navigation.
Spotify blind 4.8.0 bug fix
- Added the support of the delete key in playlists.
- After using the context menu to delete something and tabbing to the delete or keep button, restores the position of the cursor on the track list.
Spotify blind 4.7.9 bug fixes
- Fixed the access to playlists and the tracks.
Spotify blind 4.7.5 bug fixes
- Fixed subscribed or followed playlists to say the name.
- Source playlists don't automatically start playing when selected.
- Fixed braille output in some instances.
- Completely integrated languages for translation.
Spotify blind 4.7.3 bug fixes
- Fixed a bug in jaws 12 and below that had a compile error.
- Fixed the pixel jump to be less when searching for the group bpox when looking for artists or albums.
Spotify blind 4.7.1 bug fixes
- Fixed the searching of albums and artists again.
- Fixed the compatability of JAWS 11 and higher.
- Fixed the lists to find top lists and songs, etc.
Spotify blind 4.6.7 bug fixes
- Fixed the delay in getting the link for reading titles.
- Fixed the delays in the sources playlists.
- Added the ability to actually Home, end, page up and down in all lists.
- Found a better way to find a playlist without resorting to colors.
Spotify Blind 4.6.2 bug fix
- Fixed random playing of music.
- Allowed the tab keys to find links, buttons, and graphics.
- Fixed the searching of albums and artists.
- Fixed the sources to be more reliable.
- Placed in correct delays for searching in tabbed mode.
Spotify Blind 4.6.1 bug fix
- For some lagging systems and application spotify, added a timing delay to copy the code from the program.
Spotify Blind 4.6.0 changes
- Fixed a compile error
- Fixed the lag in the sources menu.
Spotify blind 4.5.8 bug fix
- Added right click with shift + F10, applications key, and shift + space
- Left click with control + space
- Added support for multiple languages
Spotify Blind 4.5.7 Bug fixes
- Fixed the reading of artists and albums, and songs
Spotify Blind 4.5.4 bug fixes
- Fixed the update feature in the insert + h menu
- Added a check for getting the right code for IE on lagging systems.
- Added a session restart for Internet Explorer with Control Shift + Q.
Spotify Blind 4.5.1 Bug fixes
- Fixed the arrowing of the sources finally.
- Fixed the reading of buttons in the tabbing and shift tabbing browsing.
- Fixed the delays and context menu handling for buttons, tracks, songs, albums, and artists.
Spotify Blind 4.4.8 Bug fix
- Fixed the playlist bug that can't find the playlist.
- Improved the timing in online mode from 4 to 5 seconds to 1 to 2 seconds
- Improved the speed of reading tracks and albums overall and better handling of internet explorer.
Spotify Blind 4.4.7 Bug fixes
- Fixed the end of window message that prevents searches.
Spotify Blind 4.4.5 Bug fixes
- Fixed the switch from the search to dialog to not speak extra text.
- Fixed the finding of artists and albums for slower computers
- Fixed the insert + H menu to be more specific.
- Added better support for the login screen to detect for username and password fields.
Spotify Blind 4.4.2 bug fixes
- Made the top window dialogs accessible.
- Fixed the reading of playlists in the sources.
- Added a message to let you know if you are on the login screen.
- Made the sources friendlier to navigate up and down.
Spotify Blind 4.4.0 bug fixes
- Fixed the reading of playlists by adding a wait loop.
- Increased the speed and reliability of creating the internet explorer object and for slower systems.
Spotify Blind 4.2.3 Bug fixes
- Fixed the playlists to allow right clicks and find them easier.
- Fixed the home end page up and down keys in lists.
- Fixed delays in getting internet information for slower and faster computers
- Fixed the searching for tracks after a search.
- Fixed the context menu from not speaking in some instances.
- Fixed internet explorer to always close after a search even if it is interrupted.
- Fixed the speed of searches and reliably getting information.
- Fixed the scrolling at the top and bottom of lists.
- Fixed the sources arrowing to be faster and actually return a result if the line is blank or contains other graphics not related to the sources.
Spotify Blind 4.2.1 Bug fix
- Fixed the login screen to allow you to click the remember me button
- Fixed Internet explorer to not build up and take away memory resources.
Spotify Blind 4.2.0 bug fixes and additions
- Really fixed the login bug
Spotify Blind 4.1.0 Bug fixes
- Nobody reads this tuff anyway
- Added support for searching songs, artists, and albums.
- Added better braille support.
- Better handling of the tab keys and searching for elements in the program.
- Fixed the speed bugs
- Fixed the login screen
- Updated the background internet explorer to not take up much resources.
- Updated the guides
- Added support for repeating information with insert up arrow.
Spotify Blind 4.0.5 Bug fixes
- Updated the Online and offline modes for better interaction
- Added a delay for the search results to know when to start scanning
- Added better braille support.
- Added better support for offline mode during track seeks.
- Added support for the login screen.
Spotify Blind 4.0.0 Major Relase
- Fixed the guides
- Fixed speed issues with slower computers. Option in the insert + H menu to slow things down.
- Fixed the offline and online mode to read things in offline mode even in searches.
- Fixed the offline mode to properly read the track titles.
- Changed how the track list is found during searches to better reliably find the tracks.
Spotify Blind 3.0.3 Bug fixes
- Completely redisigned Spotify Blind to work with the new spotify.
Spotify Blind 3.0.0 Major overhaul
- Fixed the search results to speak and announce if the search returns something
- Better handled up and down arrows in lists.
- Better handled the source list items.
Spotify Blind 2.1.5 addition
Spotify Blind 2.1.4 bug fix
- Saved the spotify blind project to work with the new spotify
Spotify Blind 2.1.3 bug fix
- Increased speed of up and down arrows.
Spotify Blind 2.1.2 Bug fix
- Corrected navigating in sources and lists
Spotify Blind 2.1.1 Bug fix
- Fixed a bug when searching where the search results won't come up.
Spotify Blind 2.1.0 Bug fix
- Fixed bug when selecting a different language with different jaws language running
Spotify Blind 2.0.8 Bug fixes
- Fixed searching for songs when you hit the enter key
Spotify Blind 2.0.6 Upgrade
- Fixed the Home, end, page up, and page down keys.
- Fixed up and down arrows to speak the right info.
Spotify Blind 2.0.5 Bug fixes
- Added ability to fast forward and rewind.
Spotify Blind 2.0.3 Bug Fix
- Fixed some source issues when navigating
- Added support for clicking buttons with tabbing and the enter key.
Spotify Blind 2.0.2 upgrade
- Fixed the issue when searching through lists to use find colors unless it is running windows 8.
Spotify Blind 2.0.0 Update and Fixes
- Conformed to FS coding practices
- Increased arrowing speed
Spotify Blind 1.9.4
- Added support for windows 8
- Completely changed the color find system
- Made tabbing faster and better on the login screen
- Added support for JHome, End, Page Up, and Page down keys
- Fixed the source access
Spotify Blind 1.9.2 Bug fix
- Bug fix and swedish translation updated.
Spotify Blind 1.9.1 Bug fix
- Changed the name of the sidebar value to make the sidebar accessible again due to spotify changes.
Spotify Blind 1.9.0 Bug fixes
- Fixed the playlists to read again.
Spotify Blind 1.8.5 Bug fixes
- Fixed colors for the entire color change.
- Fixed the tab key to put you in the list and announce the item.
- Fixed the color changes to be easier in the future.
Spotify Blind 1.7.9 Bug fixes
- Fixed color changes for play que, playlists, searches, and top tracks.
- Added a log off for swedish users.
Spotify Blind 1.7.9 Bug Fix
- Fixed the color change for searching tracks.
- Fixed the auto update and a typo in the buy now window.
Spotify Blind 1.7.4 Updates
- Fixed the auto update feature
- Updated French and Swedish languages.
Spotify Blind 1.7.3 Additions and fixes
- Added French language.
- Added Swedish language
- Fixed bug in the search shortcuts.
- Fixed bug in element detection.
- Fixed bug in sources shortcut.
Spotify Blind 1.6.8 Additions
- Added Home, End, Page up, and page down keys.
Spotify Blind 1.6.7 Bug fix and update
- Added the ability to move through the play queue.
- Fixed bug in search shortcut that clears the text.
Spotify Blind 1.6.5 Bug Fixes
- Fixed speaking the correct information when using the control + L new playlist shortcut.
- Fixed the search box shorcut Control + Shift + E to clear the fields without messing up your search.
Spotify Blind 1.6.3 Bug Fixes
- Fixed a delay in tabbing around.
- Fixed first part of a track name getting cut off.
- Fixed going to the sources and not responding.
- Fixed double speak of going to the search box.
- Fixed delay in typing in an edit field when tabbing or using the search shortcut.
Spotify Blind 1.5.8 Bug fixes and additions
- Fixed bug in menus when left and right arrowing.
- Fixed login screen elements to be spoken if you log off or get disconnected.
- Added the accessibility of Top Lists.
- Added shortcut to get to the sources list.
- Added the speaking of elapsed time and total time.
- Added the speaking of the current artist and track when skipping through songs with left and right arrow.
- Added an alert if your search results returned nothing.
- Added improved tabbing through source playlists and top tracks.
Spotify Blind 1.5.0 bug fixes and improvements
- Added braille support
- Added more functionality to the tabbing.
- Added the information window with Control + shift + I.
- Improved the up and down arrowing of lists.
- Added detecting of elements that tell you where you are.
- Added the ability to remember login information.
- Added the control+L keystroke to find the search box without clearing it.
- Improved the tabbed browsing to let you know what action to perform.
- Improved the speed of clearing your search and going to the edit field.
Spotify Blind 1.4.2 Bug Fix
- Fixed the next track right arrow to work instead of going prior.
- Fixed the guides to work again.
Spotify Blind 1.4.0 Bug Fixes
- Fixed dialog windows to be able to tab to them.
- Fixed detecting edit fields and search box effectively.
- Fixed graphics from being spoken.
- Fixed the left and right arrows to move through edit fields and change the song.
- Fixed element detection to include dialog windows.
Spotify Blind 1.3.5 Bug Fixes
- Fixed the highlighting of tracks and source items.
- Improved the tabbed navigation through the program.
- Fixed the enter key to select items and allow you to application click or Shift + F10 for context menu.
- Updated all guides and hotkeys.
- Improved the script to detect where you are in the tabbed browsing.
Spotify Blind 1.3.0 Bug Fixes and improvements
- Fixed the search box command to do extra checking if it doesn't engage.
- Made the login screen much friendlier to navigate with the tab key.
- Improved searching through songs with the up and down arrows.
- Fixed random track changes during up and down arrowing.
- Fixed the update Spotify Blind in the Quick keys menu.
- Fixed the volume controls to not make the program behave erratic.
- Made song skips and prior songs possible with the left and right arrow.
- Fixed left and right arrow to work in edit fields.
- Fixed application switching away from Spotify and going to the desktop.
Spotify Blind 1.0.9 Bug Fixes
- Fixed the menus to speak properly
- Enabled JAWS cursor navigation
Spotify Blind 1.0.7 Bug Fixes
- Fixed navigating up and down lists.
- Announces login information
- Announces when a search is done.
- Allows you to right click an item in the list.
- Fixed the search box shortcut.
- Fixed the mixer List shortcut Control + Shift + M.
- Added update from within the script in the Insert + H menu.
Comments, Bugs, and Questions
Click here to fill out a contact form
Resources for the Blind and Visually Impaired
My Blind Spot, Resources to Empower the Blind Towards Independence & Inclusion
National Federation of the Blind
American Counsel of the Blind
Main Menu Radio Show - Technology from a Blindness Perspective
American Foundation for the Blind
American Printing House for the Blind
Challenge America - connecting injured military members and their families to resources
JAWS Scripting Sites and other Resources
Blind Light | Lighting the path to comunication
Blind Tech Support - Podcasts, Radio Shows, and other helpful JAWS related info
Blind Cool Tech Podcasts
Access Watch -A Resource for the Blind
Fred's Head - tips, techniques, tutorials, in-depth articles, and resources for and by blind or visually impaired people
Jim Snowbarger - The Snowman Scripts for
Blind-Planet: Blindness-related information, podcasts, tutorials, mailing lists, and web sites
Accessible Programs and JAWS Scripts
Blind Crawler.com John PG's JAWS Scripts
Chris Nestrud's JAWS Projects
blindness glaucoma disabilities, Blind Lifestyles, visually impaired, low vision, assistive technology, eye diseases, axenfeld-Rieger Syndrome Home
Ginger's Resources for the Blind